Mindful Self Compassion Retreats with Emily:
Mindful Self Compassion Retreat day, February 16, 10- 4 pm
Location: Equilibrium Yoga Studio, Montreal
Cost: $80 (sliding rate scale available). Please register by sending an e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is fully refundable up to 2 weeks prior to the course. Limited spots, so please register early!
During this day-long restorative retreat, you will be guided through the core practices of mindfulness and self compassion. These include; affectionate breathing, loving-kindness meditation, and compassion for ourselves and others. Participants will also practice the self-compassionate body scan, walking meditation, compassionate yoga and some journaling exercises. There will be short breaks throughout the day, with snacks and tea provided. You will be invited to practice in silence throughout most of the day, and there will be an optional sharing of your experiences in a group as part of the closing circle. While it is not required to take the 8 week Mindful Self Compassion prior to this retreat, some basic experience with meditation is recommended. Please email Emily with any questions. email@example.com.
Ayurveda, Yoga and Mindful Self Compassion Retreat in Southern India:
Next dates to be determined (please contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
This 3-week long retreat is a unique opportunity to practice yoga and self-compassion on a daily basis in the beautiful oceanside beach town of Kodi, in the Karnataka state of Southern India. Emily will be teaming up with some of her fellow certified Sivananda yoga teachers to blend the healing practices of yoga, Ayurveda, self compassion as well as the ocean, sun and wonderful vegetarian cuisine of Southern India. Emily will be offering regular Self compassion sessions throughout the 3 weeks based on the Mindful Self compassion program developed by psychologists Kristen Neff and Christopher Germer. Also included in the package will be 8 days of panchakarma, an Indian natural detox program involving massage, sauna, and a simple, healthy vegetarian diet that will be overseen by a licensed Ayurvedic doctor. The program involves daily gentle-moderate yoga, and meditation.
Mindful Self Compassion Teaching Modules to be covered by Emily during this retreat:
Module 1: What is self-compassion?
- Introduction to 3 components of Self Compassion
- How to integrate self-compassionate practices into our daily lives
- “Self-Compassionate pause” developed by Dr. Kristen Neff
- How this practice can help to relieve symptoms of stress, anxiety, depression and isolation
Module 2: Mindfulness
- What is Mindfulness and how this practice is the foundation for all compassionate-based practices
- Mindfulness practices that will support a self-compassionate practice and bring a greater sense of connection with oneself, others and the present moment
Module 3: How do we cause ourselves unnecessary suffering through resistance?
- Journaling exercise for 24 hours: notice all the I should & should not thoughts
- How to identify the inner critic within and respond with a more loving, self-compassionate voice.
- Physiology of Self Compassion & Self Criticism
Module 4: Loving Kindness (metta) meditation
- Self-compassion practices that use Loving Kindness (metta) phrases (i.e. May I be happy, may I be free of suffering)
- How to create our own metta phrases
Module 5: Working through difficult emotions & relationships
- How to work with difficult emotions such as anger, resentment and shame
- Sending metta (loving kindness phrases) to ourselves and others
- Using metta practices to work through difficult relationships
Module 6: Self-Appreciation & Gratitude practices
- Identifying our core strengths and self-appreciation
- Remember gratitude
Please contact Emily for more information on this retreat, or Register Online Here. If you would like to read more about this retreat and see photos, you will find a detailed online pamphlet (in french) here.