Weekly Meditation Groups:
- True North Insight: a nonprofit center for the practice of insight meditation in English and French in Eastern Canada. Weekly sits in Montreal in English and French, see website for schedule.
- Presence Meditation : This is a new studio in the Mile End dedicated exclusively to meditation. They offer guided and silent classes, in English and French, drawing from many different traditions and techniques.
- Montreal Institute of Applied Mindfulness (Thich Nhat Hanh tradition)
- Sivananda Yoga Centre: (Weekly satsang sittings on Wednesdays at 8 pm and Sundays at 7 pm)
- Zen Montreal: workshops and weekly sittings
- Shambala Buddhist Centre of Montreal: meditation courses, weekly sittings
Meditation Retreat Centers:
- True North Insight: TNI’s programming includes residential retreats, day-long retreats, non-residential daily life retreats, and weekly sitting groups in the regions of Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto and Kingston.
- http://www.suttama.dhamma.org (Vipassana Meditation in the Goenka Tradition based out of Montabello Quebec: 10 days of silence for starting retreat)
- http://www.sivananda.org/camp – Sivananda Yoga Camp in Val Morin. There is a shuttle that leaves every Friday evening from the Montreal center and returns Sunday afternoon.
- http://dhyana-ananda.ca/index.php – Meditation center in Val Morin with short and longer retreats
- http://www.eomega.org – Yoga and wellness center based out of Rhinebeck, NY
- http://www.kripalu.org – Yoga and wellness center in the Berkshires of Western Massachusetts
- http://www.dharma.org – Insight Meditation based out of Barre, Massachusetts